We have an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor, to join our company working at the forefront of casting manufacture. This role will be on days (45hrs).
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Supervisor – Series, and be a key member of the team, supporting and overseeing all aspects of production within the Series business. The candidate will be responsible for working towards improving production output and quality procedures. They will also be responsible for cost control and overseeing health and safety and environmental matters.
- experience in meeting production targets including work output, quality, and reduction of scrap and labour costs.
- experience in training and developing employee skill levels
- Strong people management skills (ensuring personnel in their area are organised, occupied and effective)
- Monitor and report any downtime and problem solving to the Senior Supervisor
- Will have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to Chair investigations and formal hearings and ensure the decisions made are fair, reasonable and consistent with precedents set within the Company previously.
- Ensure the Time Management System is updated each day to accurately record employee attendance and timekeeping
- The successful candidate will hold a relevant recognised formal qualification or will have demonstrable significant experience in the relevant field.
- Knowledge of systems (Quality, Time and Attendance and record of training)